March 14, 2009

$$$

I just received my year-end Capital One report and it is very entertaining! Credit is an addiction, and my report proves it.

January 2008: $335.51
Feb-April I stashed the card in a drawer because I was afraid of it.
May: $68:43
June: $382.19
July: $500.82
August: $732.28
September: $ 898.39
Oct-Dec I filled a bowl with water and froze my card in it.


Originally I had just tried to use it for buying gas, and that makes up about 25% of my year expenditures, another 25% went to merchandise, and about 18% toward dining.

Another fun part is reading the itemized list of what I spent money on. I went to McDonalds ten times, and Woody's Oasis six times. Mixed in are a bunch of little places I remember distinctly; like the Hopcat for Megan's birthday in Grand Rapids, and the India Palace with Marla and Teresa. Most of my merchandise category is filled with Meijer.

No comments: