April 28, 2009

I'm in the middle writing a paper on the physiology of metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids in fish, but I have had a thought I can't shake. Dating, or having a significant other, is amazing. It's like having four hands, two heads, and another tongue to speak in. It doesn't seem real or possible, and when it doesn't seem like either of those things it feels like something supernatural.

Sometimes really good food seems supernatural too. Oatmeal. It lasts forever, and tastes great. I think I could always depend on oatmeal, but I don't want to eat it everyday. In fact, sometimes the thought of eating oatmeal makes me sick, even peaches & cream! That is real and very plausible; to be sick of something yet still really love it and depend on it.

Loving, being loved and oatmeal shouldn't be taken for granted, even when it feels unreal, impossible and supernatural. Don't loose focus on that! Hold onto that! I won't remember writing this, but I hope I can rediscover it later when I feel really lost or something.

1 comment:

Ivy and Haley said...

Haha, I'm in the middle of writing a paper about the alarm reaction of leaf cutter ants. And procrastinating by reading through the graduation remarks on post secret. I really liked what you wrote - I must remember to keep it in mind.

Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

Ivy